BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Drunken Texting Can Be So Unforgiving...

Well, this is a relationship blog, so I suppose I should post more on my messed up, yet entertaining and ridiculous dating life. I began this blog waiting to hear from my "boyfriend," B. Well, while I was dating, B, I was also dating El, a guy I was introduced to by a co-worker of mine. He's a very nice guy with an interesting history. His dad was raised Jewish and then converted to Christianity and became a Missionary, and now someone is super loaded. El was born in Brazil and was adopted by his parents and taken to South Africa, where he grew up. Now, he lives by the Wash Park area in an amazing house his parents pay for and are currently remodeling, while they spend their time back in South Africa. 
Although El is well-traveled, cultured, sexy, smart AND sweet, I decided to be more serious about B at the time.
Well....we all know how that worked out....
So, even though I told El I was seeing someone else, he stuck around and we would chat occasionally. He even talked me down one night when I was quite upset. It's like he never gave up.
We finally went out about a week ago, and I have to say, it was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. We started our night with this great Chinese restaurant down on Broadway and ended up at Candle Light Bar, which had, dare I say, $3 Sailor Jerry's rum and Coke. For those of you who don't know me, I am in love with Sailor Jerry rum. The Sailor and I have had many a debaucherous night together. He is truly the only man I can relay on ;-] Needless to say, I was in Heaven. 
The night was going so well. The conversation, the company. It was all just really fun and perfect.
We then went back to his place and indulged in, yet, some more debauchery...and, yes, he's absolutely amazing at that as well. 

I was absolutely beaming the next day at work, and texted him to see if we could hang more, to which came his reply: "YA!!!" Seems like a good sign, right?
Wrong. Wrong, wrong. Always....wrong. 
I didn't hear from him for a couple days and started to worry. The whole B thing has gotten me paranoid about guys not calling...Therefor, I decided to go out, get completely smashed, and txt him. Now, I don't save my sent texts, so I only have the texts he sent me, and I have NO idea what I said to him....
I do know, that things got kinda dirty, and he sent me a text saying "So, we are fuck buddies?!" I think I said, "It's whatever you want," feeling dejected and giving up on any kind of a relationship with ANY man. 
He said, "Good to know." 
Uh, no. Sorry. Not good to know!! I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I completely fucked up a good chance of having any sort of a relationship with this great guy....Once you pull the fuck buddy card, it's hard to reel it back to dating-to-be-in-a-relationship status. 
And to top it all off, I haven't heard from him since the day after this little revelation came out. We texted a little, and that was it. 
I am literally kicking myself....

"Romantic love is an illusion. Most of us discover this truth at the end of a love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down their flames." 
                                                                                                                  ----Thomas Moore

Lev

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the texting drama...
    But on a positive note, I love the new look of your blog!

    -driz
    refreshsomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Thank you!! It took me forever to find a background I liked! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...just a suggestion...maybe if you stopped sleeping around and from the sounds of it stopped being the "other woman" men therefore respecting yourself maybe men would respect you enough to not just consider you a hook up.

    ReplyDelete